Soundiron The Musique Box [KONTAKT / DVD]
The Musique Box is a complete collection of deeply multi-sampled music boxes with a huge range of extended content, powerful custom interface and cutting-edge performance features. We captured 11 different music boxes plus wind-up sfx, in a variety of environments and configurations, from bone dry, to concert hall, to submerged in a bathtub. We also manipulated the recordings to create a wide range of tonal and atmospheric sustains, pads, ambiences and special effect instruments, plus an array of 8 dynamic FX patches and another 10 custom presets to open up a wealth of creative possibilities right out of the box. Our goal wasn’t to simply deliver the most comprehensive music box library possible, but to provide simply unmatched creative tools that turn these humble music boxes into heavy duty compositional power tools for custom tuned percussion design. Next to the Musique Box, the rest are just toys.
All of the music boxes are easily loaded and shaped within the main master preset. so you can load and blend new instrument sounds instantly in real-time. You’ll enjoy full control over every aspect of the sound right on the front panel, including sound selection, dynamic swelling, note attack, sample start offset, release gating, pitch shifting and key range control for two different instruments at a time. We’ve extended the note range to span the full scale, exposing powerfully rich bass tones and tight, percussive high notes well outside the limits of an ordinary music box.
We’ve also included 24 sustaining ambient tuned instrument soundsets and evolving sound-scapes by using post-production effects and deep sonic manipulation to warp the raw organic sounds into new shapes and dimensions. You’ll also find a set 8 stylized special-effect music boxes in the BoxFX bank, with realtime FX shaping on the modwheel.
The library also features 10 bonus custom presets including the bright Glockencelest and haunting Glass Armonica. These demonstrate some of the limitless creative potential you’ll find in the main Musique Box preset with just a few knob turns.
Each and every preset also includes a powerful Effects control panel, featuring a parametric EQ for tone shaping and our powerful exclusive Uberpeggiator system, capable of freestyle and 32-step tempo-synched humanized groove creation, sustaining rolls, chord- and key-constraint and custom arpeggiation pattern saving and loading.
You can also place the instruments in a wide selection of different natural and other-worldly environments, using our custom reverb controls, with 45 real-world environmental and room impulses and 25 original FX convolutions.
The library focuses on these core music box varieties, each recorded in a different configuration or environment, to provide the widest possible range of sound choices for you:
- Dry – a close, warm dry sound
- Hollow – with a wooden resonance chamber
- Large Hall – recorded in a large scoring hall
- Raspy – with naturally rough imperfections
- Small Hall – recorded in a bright tile hall
- Steel Pot – with a large metal chamber
- Stringy – mounted to strings
- Tank – with tuned steel drum chamber
- Chamber – a large wooden chamber in a hall.
- Glass – with a large glass resonator.
- Submerged – played underwater in a bathtub.
- Winding – lots of mechanical winding sfx
The Musique Box also includes a large collection of bonus content and creative features you won’t find anywhere else:
- 24 sustaining tuned sound design instruments, atmospheres, tonal ambiences and special effects
- 8 FX banks with special dynamic parameter shaping on the modwheel
- 10 added custom nki presets that explore the extended features
- 70 custom environmental, room and FX reverbs integrated into every preset
- The Uberpeggiator meta-arp system with velocity step sequencer, humanization, adaptive modes, roll simulation, chord and scale control and custom pattern loading (K5 only)
NKI Program Presets
You’ll need the full retail version of Kontakt 5 or later to use the nki presets in this libary. We’ve also included legacy K4 versions of the main presets as well for Kontakt 4 users. Sorry, the free Kontakt Player does not support this library and cannot be used to play it beyond a 15-minute demo period.
We’ve included 16 Kontakt-compatible nki programs, featuring automatable attack, release, offset, swell, tuning, key-range customization, EQ, plus built-in convolution reverb with 70 different room and fx types to choose from. However, even if you’re not a Kontakt user, all samples are included as standard unlocked pcm wav files, so you can custom design your own instruments in any audio software you like.
- 1680 Samples (standard pcm wav)
- 16 .nki files (unlocked format)
- 2.16 GB installed
- 24 bit / 48kHz stereo PCM wav format
- Format(s): Kontakt 4/5 .nki and pcm .wav
- 70 Integrated Custom Convolution Reverb Impulses