Soundiron Voice of Gaia Bryn [DVD / Kontakt]
Voice Of Gaia: Bryn is an eclectic male tenor solo vocal library featuring the talents of Bryan Lane (aka “Bryn”). While trained in operatic vocal techniques, his own personal style draws from much broader and older vocal styles, inspired in equal parts by Middle-Eastern and American Spiritual and Gospel music. He delivers a dark, passionate intensity to his performances that will pull you in. At over 6GB and 7816 samples, this library offers deep content variety and exceptional user flexibility.
We recorded Bryn in a close studio environment, using premium low-noise large-diaphragm Neumann microphones and Sound Devices preamps to get maximum detail, clarity and fidelity. We captured true legato vowel sustains for Ah, Oo, Humming (“mmm”) and Whistling. We also recorded classic chromatic sustains for Oh and a gliding-attack vibrato Uh vowel. There are also staccatos for Ah, Oh, Oo, Uh, Humming and Whistling. Most of this chromatic content spans a natural key range from D2—D4 (extended from C2—G4).
Voice of Gaia: Bryn features a huge collection of live melodic phrases in classic “Pure Vowel”, Middle-Eastern and American Southern gospel and spiritual styles. Each of the main phrase categories includes a full selection of phrases for each key (A, A#, B, C, C#, D, D#, E, F, G and G#). In addition, there’s a general selection of whistling phrases in E/B major and improvised Arabian-styled chants rooted in E/B minor. Each phrase preset offers pitch transposition control, tempo-synching, step sequencing, song switching and dozens of other custom control features. We’ve also included our comprehensive FX Rack panel, with multi-effects, compression, EQ, amp/speaker simulation and convolution reverb, featuring dozens of our most popular custom recorded rooms, halls, cathedrals and otherworldly fx impulses, all easily available through the control interface.
Contents of Gaia Bryn
- Two different microphone options: large diaphragm studio Neumanns, with smooth omni or crisp cardiod, each with independent ram loading, level control and panning.
- Ah, Oo, Hum and Whistle natural true legato vowel sustains
- Ah, Hum, Oh, Oo, Uh and Whistle Staccatos with 4x round-robin variation per note
- Ah, Hum, Oh, Oo, Uh and Whistle standard Sustains with infinite loop and nature release
- Over 2000 melodic phrases in the keys of A# - G#, with pitch transposition, instant pattern sequencing, legato blending, tempo-synching/time-stretching, shaping and more.
- Melodic phrases in a variety of different styles, including Arabian, Pure Vowel, American Southern Gospel/Soul, Hummed and Whistling
- Easy to navigate melodic phrases organized by root key, style and native tempo
- Fluid sequencer allows for per-step phrase start and end markers.
- Bonus vocal Ambiences, Atmospheres, Tuned Pads and other custom melodic instruments crafted directly from Bryan's voice.
- Vocal performance breaths and effects
- Swell control allows real-time dynamic performance shaping.
- Full Multi-FX rack panel with Chorus, Compression, Distortion, Amp and Cab simulation, EQ, Delay and Reverb
- Our Reverb rack unit includes 25 unique creative FX convolutions and 45 excellent live rooms, studios, chambers, cathedrals, halls and other real-world environments, with flexible tone, size and mix controls.
- Fully automatable, with customizable key switch and GUI controls.
- Convenient real-time visual wave-form display in every preset.
- 6.06 GB Installed
- 7816 Samples
- 23 Kontakt 5.1 .nki instrument presets
- 24 bit / 48kHz uncompressed PCM wav audio
- Unlocked Kontakt presets and wav samples to allow user customization